Unix / WebSphere Systems Engineer
Unix / WebSphere Systems Engineer with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant engineering (computer engineering or software engineering) or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the existing CCTI Developement, Quality, Performnce, Plantest, Production and Disaster Recovery environments
- Provide support to application development staff with Architecture, development and migration of WebSphere/Tableau/Cognos applications and integrated them into VMWare/Ansible based Cloud systems.
- Provided support for CCTI Infrastructure Migration from IBM PureApplication Cloud to VMWare/Ansible Cloud.
- Provide support to automate the Application deployments using Python/Jenkins.
- Provide support to Application development staff with deployment and problem resolution of Cognos and WebSphere Application Servers.
- Manage Unix Servers contained in Smart Analytics solutions, supporting of migration from IBM AIX Datapower systems to RedHat Linux environment using Ansible Tower.
- Perform maintenance on the Smart Analytics environment using the Smart Analytics management console.
- Provide support for PlanTest and Production outages.
- Provide support for Application upgrades across various environments from Development/Quality Testing/Performance/Sandbox/PlanTest/Production and Disaster Recovery.
- Perform system backups and manage the NIM environment.
- Perform User Management and Servers administration in RedHat Linux virtual machines.
- Create all necessary documents and communicate to the team in support of the projects.
- Assist with problem analysis, resolution and preparation of RCA methodologies.
- Implement reports, manage and monitor the environments by automating the regular tasks using Python scripting language.
Work experience required for the position:
- 5+ years of experience with Java Middleware Infrastructure and Architecture methodologies using IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTPD, IBM Cognos BI, WebSphere MQ, Jenkins, Motio, Tableau.
- 3+ years of AIX/Unix administration and Power hardware systems.
- 2+ years of experience in IBM PureApplication Systems and Power Hardware systems administrations.
- 2+ years of experience in VMWare Cloud and Ansible Tower for setting up the new Cloud based Infrastructure systems.
- Experience in developing Ansible scripts to automate and simplify manual tasks using Python language.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Familiarity with SAN storage concepts and IBM storage subsystems, Linux Storage subsystems.
Technologies Involved / Skills required for the position:
- VMWare and Ansible Cloud patterns.
- IBM PureApplication Cloud platform V2.2, IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5/V9, IBM HTTP Server V8.5/V9, IBM MQ V7, Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2/V11.
- OS Administration requirements: AIX V7, Linux V3.10.
- Attunity’s Visibility V6.3 administration and automation experience to have report generations.
- SSL Bridge connections for integerating Vendor tools (AbInitio) with the CCTI Applications, maintenance of SSL Certificate and implementation of WebSecurity for all CCTI based Web Applications.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
565 Congress St, Suite # 305
Portland, ME 04101.