Unix / Websphere Systems Engineer
Unix / Websphere Systems Engineer with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant engineering (computer engineering or software engineering) or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide technical support for the existing CCTI Production and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Provide support to application development staff with architecture, development and migration of Websphere / Appfluent / Cognos applications and integrated them into IBM’s PureApplication Cloud systems.
- Provide support to automate the application deployments using Python/Jenkins.
- Provide support to application development staff with deployment and problem resolution of Cognos application.
- Manage Unix servers contained in Smart Analytics solutions.
- Perform user management tasks in the Smart Analytics Environment.
- Perform maintenance on the Smart Analytics environment using the Smart Analytics management console.
- Provide support for Test and Production outages.
- Provide support for application upgrades.
- Perform system backups and manage the NIM environment.
- Create all necessary documents and communicate to the team in support of the projects.
- Assist with problem analysis and resolution.
- Implement reports, manage and monitor the environments by automating the regular tasks using pythons scripting language.
Work experience required for the position:
- Experience with Java Middleware Infrastructure and Architecture methodologies using IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTPD, IBM Cognos BI.
- Expertise working on AIX/Unix administration and Power hardware systems.
- Experience in IBM PureApplication Systems and Power Hardware systems administrations.
- Experience in Attunity Visibility and automation using scripts.
- Experience in developing scripts to automate and simplify manual tasks.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Familiarity with SAN storage concepts and IBM storage subsystems.
Technologies Involved / Skills required for the position:
- IBM PureApplication Cloud platform V2.2, IBM WebSphere Application Server V8/V8.5/V9, IBM HTTP Server V8/V8.5/V9, IBM MQ V7, Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2/V11.
- OS Administration requirements: AIX V7, Linux V3.10.
- Attunity’s Visibility V6.3 administration and automation experience to have report generations.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
415 Congress St, Suite # 201 & 202
Portland, ME 04101