Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer with Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a Hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Ganglia Nagios Cloudera Manager.
- Configure the NameNode high availability and keeping a track of all the running Hadoop jobs.
- Manage and maintain the Hadoop clusters for uninterrupted job.
- Routine check-up, back-up and monitoring of the entire system.
- Ensure the connectivity and network is always up and running.
- Plan for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises.
- Manage the HDFS and ensuring it is working optimally at all times.
- Secure the Hadoop cluster in a foolproof manner is paramount.
- Regulate the administration rights depending on job profile of users.
- Add new users over time and discarding redundant users smoothly.
- Fine tune applications and systems for high performance and higher volume throughput.
- Pre-Process using Hive and Pig.
- Troubleshoot and develop Hive, Pig, Flume, Mango DB, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, MapReduce2, YARN, HBase, Kafka and Strom.
- Translate load and exhibit unrelated data sets in various formats and sources like JSON, text files, kafka queues and log data.
- Install and configure Docker images for Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, Kapacitor on AWS cloud monitoring EC2.
- Design and Develop Kapcitor scripts for alerting as push notifications, SMS, Email and Slack alerts.
- Architect, Design and Develop Big Data streaming applications to use high performance and highly available NoSQL Key Value store Redis for check pointing.
- Design and develop AWS Cloud deployment scripts using AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform and Ansible.
- Design and Develop Spark applications in Scala that use DOM/SAX parsers for parsing incoming raw string/XML data.
- Develop and deploy Chef scripts on centralized DEV, QA, PROD servers for installing Java 8, Apache Spark/Flink/Apex, Stunnel, nginx http server, telegraf agent, Apache Zookeeper on Standalone AWS cloud clusters.
Work experience / Technologies required for the position:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- At least with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer or similar roles, who has attained a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
415 Congress St, Suite # 201 & 202
Portland, ME 04101