Senior Big Data Engineer
Senior Big Data Engineer with Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the end to end solution architecture for large scale technology projects and deep technical expertise in distributed processing, real-time and scalable systems.
- Architect, Design and Develop Big Data streaming applications to use high performance and highly available NoSQL Key Value store Redis for check pointing.
- Design and Develop Spark applications in Scala that use DOM/SAX parsers for parsing incoming raw string/XML data.
- Design and develop AWS Cloud deployment scripts using AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform and Ansible.
- Design, develop and troubleshoot Hive, Pig, Flume, Mango DB, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, MapReduce2, YARN, HBase, Kafka and Strom.
- Fine tune applications and systems for high performance and higher volume throughput and Pre-Process using Hive and Pig.
- Translate load and exhibit unrelated data sets in various formats and sources like JSON, text files, Kafka queues and log data.
- Install and configure Docker images for Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, Kapacitor on AWS cloud monitoring EC2.
- Design and Develop Kapcitor scripts for alerting as push notifications, SMS, Email and Slack alerts.
- Define Technology/Big Data strategy and roadmap for client accounts, and guides implementation of that strategy within projects.
- Drive excellent management skills are required to deliver complex projects, including effort/time estimation, building detailed work breakdown structure (WBS), managing critical path, and using PM tools and platforms.
- Build scalable client engagement level processes for faster turnaround & higher accuracy.
- Run regular project reviews and audits to ensure that projects are being executed within the guardrails agreed by all stakeholder.
- Manage the client stakeholders, and their expectations, with a regular cadence of weekly meetings and status updates.
Skills / Knowledge required
- Knowledge of variety and advanced architecture, tools and concepts across all layers of the modern distributed technology stack (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB and similar).
- Knowledge and experience in cloud architectures and cloud tools (Azure/GCP/AWS).
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- At least with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer or similar roles, who has attained a Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
415 Congress St, Suite # 201 & 202
Portland, ME 04101