SAP Consultant with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, a closely related field, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and co-ordinate business blueprint meetings with business and cross functional teams for understanding client’s business requirements for the SAP integration / implementation projects & enhancements in the areas of Financials and Controlling (FICO), Material Management (MM), Funds & Grants Management (FM-GM) & Project System (PS).
- Prepare a Business Blueprint (BBP), AS-IS, TO-Be Documents, Functional, Technical and Test Specification Documents for FICO/FM-GM/Procurement business processes and store the documents in MS-SharePoint for approvals and sharing with other team(s).
- Design, Configure, Develop, Implement and Deliver SAP solutions using tools such as JIRA, HPQC & ALM to achieve defined business goals as per the blueprint, Functional & Technical specifications.
- Attend meetings & closely follows the strategic direction & decision set by senior management on matters where they may need to gain acceptance/approval on business processes for ongoing and project(s) in pipeline.
- Provide solutions for end-to-end business processes implementations, cutover tasks & Integration including data migration & conversions from legacy systems into target systems using various SAP tools such as SAP ECC, SAP ALE/IDOC, API, LSMW, BADI/BAPIs etc.
- Participate in Finance Legacy data (both SAP & Non-SAP_BAAN) analysis, Master Data (BP, Customer Master, Assets, House Banks, Tax Conditions and GLs etc...) & Transactional data (GL/ AP/ AR Balances, Customer Master Credit Limit, Asset’s data takeover etc..) extraction, cleansing, harmonization, and transformation to loads into SAP S/4 HANA System via 3rd party data tools such as MALSY etc.
- Conduct and Coordinate testing with the business users using tools such as HPQC, ALM and prepare training manuals for the end user community.
- Identify, report, and Resolve & Track the issues/defects till they are closed in HPQC, JIRA, REMEDY and MS-SharePoint.
- Participate in the project cut over & Go live tasks.
- Work with the business owners on preparing Roadmap for the SAP integration with Sales Force & SAP Business One implementations.
Skills / Knowledge required :
- Strong understanding and experience in SAP FICO in implementation and including enhancement and support projects.
- Expert in configuring the system in various subcomponents in FI and CO modules such as New General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Internal Orders (IO) and integration with other modules (FI-MM-SD).
- Experience in creating custom enhancements (WRICEF) and interfaces by using SAP tools such as ALE/IDOC, API, LSMW, BADI/BAPIs etc...
- Knowledge of Production support and Incident Management through Service Now and Jira.
- Able to handle the production issue, troubleshoot and escalations.
- Understand external third-party application integration to SAP for all SAP inbound Jobs. Track the timing and flow of Data from external system, data Mapping, Data Validation rules for posting in SAP.
- Work closely with the production support team. For any error, be the first check point to do preliminary review, understand, and analyze the impact and escalate to respective team to resolve and track the progress and timely resolution.
- Error correction and suspense Accounting in SAP for any SAP posting through Suspense and support the correction process to reverse the suspense accounting.
- Understand the Outbound Jobs from SAP to external third-party application, analyze any job failures and trouble shoot.
- Track the jobs that run within SAP and job logs e.g Reversal, Accruals, Prepaid, Payment, Auto Clearing etc. and any issues encountered during this job run.
- Production support for any business query – identify the production issue vs. new requirement/Enhancement.
- Understand the SAP configuration and capable to troubleshoot and resolution.
- Understand the daily and monthly end business process to ensure the completeness of all activity to close the books.
- Experience in implementing SAP best practices and strategies to build and optimized and high performing applications.
- Strong experience in coordinating with the Business Analysts to understand business requirement, functional requirements, and conversion of business rules into technical specifications.
- Proven ability to work independently or in conjunction with a team.
Work experience / Technologies required for the position:
- Should have a minimum of 5 years of in-depth knowledge of the SAP FICO module.
- Should have the ability to gather requirements, design, configure, test, and implement changes Engaging business stakeholders to understand and analyze business issues, goals, and requirements.
- Prepare Functional Specifications and Test cases. Accountable for the solution design and configuration of new business process solutions, continuous improvements, and for ongoing operational support of these business process solutions.
- Should be able to drive the training sessions to users under Train the Trainer.
- Strong experience in SAP FI design, configuration, and implementation also having successfully executed at least 2 full life cycle implementations. Experience in managing the configuration of SAP including some or all the following FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-AA, and Cash and Banking. Ability to look after SLA ensuring timely closure of priority tickets and implementing changes. Expertise in reporting by Queries & Info types.
- Should have expertise in integrations with other modules good understanding of the different integration technologies and standards (IDoc, BAPI, BADI, etc.) Experience in working on multi-country implementations. Strong Written and Verbal Communication.
- Cross-module integration experience in MM, SD, and PS is a prerequisite. Experience working in a fast-paced team environment and managing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, up to and including executive.
- Experience using analytical and problem solving skills.
- SAP certification is a plus.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
565 Congress St, Suite # 305
Portland, ME 04101.