Database Architect with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages Global Delivery Services for the Database Infrastructure of the Enterprise.
- Leads a Database Operations team providing end to end database services to all lines of businesses in and maintain infrastructure stability of database servers.
- Lead, manage and monitor the successful delivery of managed services, managing the implementation process end-to-end including process standardization and knowledge management build out.
- Provide executive level visibility to operational performance, incident and outage, resources assigned, project activity, service level agreements.
- Built project team to deliver Database As-A-Service offering to the Application teams in the Private Cloud Infrastructure.
- Manage Database Risk effectively in adherence to the Enterprise Database Security baselines, Non-Permitted Technology remediation, database vulnerability remediation, patch management Supervision of daily Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Ensure issues are proactively managed to resolution, impacts mitigated and root cause eliminated. Provide leadership and direction to the global support team as well as partner teams in infrastructure, development and business process.
- Audit reviews and remediation. Identify and minimize operational risks.
- Strong focus on continuous service improvement, demand reduction through automation projects.
- Implementation of transformational process improvements through special projects.
- Drive implementation and improvement of IT Service Management processes to build consistency and quality throughout the services.
Work experience/Skills required for the position:
- Thorough knowledge of MS SQL Server architecture with proven experience in database administration for MS SQL Server databases in OLTP, OLAP and SSIS environments including configuration, patching and upgrades, migration release, backup, recovery, database monitoring and security management.
- Maintain responsibility for all aspects of database administration such as maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting databases as well as hardware/software/interfaces and collaborating with IT Security on evaluating bug fix and security patches.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and developing SQL stored procedures.
- Migrating data among Oracle, SQL Server and MYSQL databases using SQL Server tools such as ODBC, SSIS, linked Server, export/import and Oracle tool such as SQL Load, data pump, etc.
- Experience migrating mission-critical database applications from on-premise to loud or running a hybrid cloud environment for large enterprises.
- Develop and implement standards and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy for database structure and data access methodology.
- Review application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the life cycle of the projects and proposing and implementing enhancements to improve performance and reliability where applicable.
- As needs arise, coordinate and/or implement technical enhancements which improve data quality, motion, or operations. These may include scripting and automation, job scheduling, ad hoc report writing, etc.
- Collaborate with IT Security to Implement and support database security regulations, policies, and best practices. Monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; install necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
- Coordinate with IT Ops to plan and install upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern project management methodologies, application life-cycle management and Enterprise Architecture concepts, industry standards and best practices.
SQL server 2000/ 2005/ 2008/ 2012/ 2014 database designing/ administration, windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 server administration, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, IIS Server administration, MongoDB, MS SQL Server, Always On Clusters, Database Replication, Database Log shipping and Database Mirroring, SQL Server clustering, SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Management Studio, Business Intelligence development studio, SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, PowerShell, Python.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
565 Congress St, Suite # 305
Portland, ME 04101.