BI Developer with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support of front-end solutions in Business Intelligence and Responsible for requirements gathering of BI projects.
- As a BI Developer, Promote BI solutions/capabilities to the business user community.
- WMS Sci and FS reporting handles many functions that enable these movements, including inbound, outbound and inventory tracking.
- Develop full life cycle of software with proficiency in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards for fundamental warehouse processes include receiving, putaway and storage, picking, packing, shipping, and returns.
- Create Relational and DMR models using Framework Manager and publish Packages to Cognos Connection Portal as part of Report Development.
- Expertise in Cognos Administration (Content migration, Schedules, Security Implementation) and checking in the Framework models and reports in to Share point on a weekly basis.
- Writing SQL using PL/SQL Developer and to perform the report unit testing against the Oracle database and validate the results with WMS application.
- Troubleshoots and provides user support for data analytic issues by reviewing program code and data source for flaws in design or integrity.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration, Upgradation, Maintaining and Monitoring Cognos tiers (Dispatchers, Gateway, Content Manager) on single and multi-server environments.
- Involves in performance tuning of complex reports to bring down the report execution time.
- Provide Cognos and Tableau training to business users.
Work experience / Skills required for the position:
- At least 5+ years of experience working with BI solutions and Oracle database.
- Expert in Schema Objects (Tables, Views, Materialized views, Indexes, Packages, Procedures, Functions and Sequences Database Links).
- Strong grasp of decision support systems and data warehousing concepts with exposure to data mining methodologies and tools.
- Proficient in all aspects of SDLC such as requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of projects.
- Experience in Tableau administration and desktop editions for creating and modifying complex dashboards and visualizations.
- Well-versed in developing reporting applications using Cognos Business Intelligence components like Framework Manager, Report Studio, Business Insight, Workspace, Business Insight Advanced, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Ability to take high level requirements and/or scope and drive to successful execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment and managing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, up to and including executive.
- Experience using analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience negotiating effectively and facilitating conflict resolution.
Technologies/Enivornment involved :
IBM Cognos Analytics 11.1.x (Framework Manager, Report Studio and Event Studio), Tableau Desktop 2021.x, Oracle 21c.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
565 Congress St, Suite # 305
Portland, ME 04101.