Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst with the functional equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, relevant engineering (Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineering, or related) or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
- Designing and Developing a database/Datawarehouse with SQL Server using concepts of Normalization and work on low-level design implementation workflow and high-level design implementation workflow.
- Software development comprises of various technologies like SQL Server, TSQL, SSIS, SSRS / Power BI.
- Designing Datawarehouse, DataMart’s using concepts of snowflake schema/star schema and designing ETL processes using SSIS for reporting in SQL Server.
- Develop, test, and deploy ETLs, SQL stored procedures and MDX/DAX queries to solve complex data analysis problems based on requirements from different team.
- Design and implement reports and dashboards using PowerPivot, PerformancePoint and SharePoint technologies.
- Collaborate with Applications, Infrastructure, and DBA teams as well as business owners to design and build enterprise-scalable analysis platform.
- Working on TSQL optimization creating stored procedures and user defined functions for the data analysis and data visualization.
- Apply concepts of validation and data cleansing in SQL Server to migrate the data effectively from source to reporting layer destination.
- Performing software development activities related to software design and development, analysis, estimations, code reviews and peer reviews.
- Working on database optimization using performance optimization techniques, analyzing execution plans thus improving response time.
- Suggest improvements in technology, identify software development approaches to facilitate reuse of code, research and develop solutions to build new capabilities in the project.
- Agrees to and meets delivery commitments and delivers components on time, while ensuring compliance with established standards and processes.
- Work in a team environment and using the agile methodology for software development, being highly proactive and collaborative throughout the development life cycle.
Work experience / Technologies required for the position:
- Experience with SQL 2008 R2, 2012 and component services like SSIS ETL, SSAS, SSRS.
- Experience in the design and development of business intelligence solutions using Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience in T-SQL, MDX, DAX and ETL platforms.
- Experience with Power BI Reporting, Create dashboards with Power BI.
- Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Ensuring that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability and performance.
- Providing developers, a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggest ways to improve performance on each Designing indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
- Assisting developers with improving the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes.
- Advising developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
- Being a subject matter expert on database design, performance issues, disaster recovery, backups, database maintenance and database archiving.
- Assess and tune Data base/SQL performance.
- Creating Packages, cleansing Data and ETL development process.
- Content Manage In addition, the candidate must demonstrate ability to write T-SQL queries to fulfill ad-hoc requests and data integrity checking and have demonstrated ability to write T-SQL stored procedures for code re-use. The candidate must also have experience with DTS / integration service data transformation and manipulation tools.
- SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MDX, DAX, Power BI, TSQL,VSS, HP Quality Center.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
415 Congress St, Suite # 201 & 202
Portland, ME 04101